“Photo above at the Holy Trinity cathedral (or Sameba) in Tbilisi, Georgia”
Some asked me about “Why I travel solo?” They said you cannot enjoy your trip and it’s boring.” My answers are: When I travel alone, I get out of my comfort zone and I can know myself more. I can think and do things in my own without depending to someone else. I learn to develop more with my own instinct and intuitions. And I can be a good friend to myself.
Here are some quotes from authors that I reflected – to answer this question as well:
- “I travel alone not to get away from anyone, I travel alone to get closer to me.”
- “Solo travel not only pushes you out of your comfort zone, it also pushes you out of the zone of others expectations.” – Suzy Strutner
- “Traveling solo does not always mean you’re alone. Most often, you meet marvelous people along the way and make connections that last a lifetime.” – Jacqueline Boone
- “The woman who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. The woman who walks alone is likely to find herself in places no one has ever been before.” – Albert Einstein
- “If you don’t get out of the box you’ve been raised in, you won’t understand how much bigger the world is.” – Angelina Jolie
- “Never did the world make a queen of a girl who hides in houses and dreams without traveling.” ― Roman Payne, The Wanderess
- “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the most pleasant sensations in the world. You are surrounded by adventure.” – Freya Stark, Passionate Nomad
- “The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “I think one travels more usefully when they travel alone, because they reflect more.” – Thomas Jefferson
The idea of travelling solo interests me when I read blogs and watched videos from some solo travelers. Those inspires me a lot and I see it as challenging. As I said in my previous post I am still a baby in traveling solo. I don’t know when was the exact date it started my passion to fly to a country with my own company but one thing I’m sure I love it. My first solo was just last year! I didn’t traveled many countries yet by myself but looking forward to in God’s grace.
Well, of course to travel with friends/family is a different experience as well and I love it too. With friends/family you feel much more lively! My experience when travelling with friends is a treasured moments really and that is a different situation and post to share here. 🙂
Also of course, traveling to a special someone is also a different experience too but that is yet to discover. Lol! 😀
Quotes references: google, thought catalog, the hostel girl